As you may have guessed, a big part of what karaoQ does is digitizing your songbook from your karaoke hosting software into a fast, friendly, easy-to-use interface for your patrons and performers – free as a part of their experience when downloading the karaoQ app on iOS or Android.
As well, karaoQ relies on that songbook data to perform MANY detailed data conversions and matching on your metadata (data describing your data – or in this case, information about your song catalog such as artist name, song title, disk and track, etc.)
So, this article assumes you have already exported your songbook from one of the many platforms karaoQ already supports, including:
- Sax & Dotty’s Show Presenter
- PCDJ Karaoki (karaoQ360)
- Just Karaoke
- First, login to your KJConnect platform at https://karaoQ.com/connect/dj
- Select your venue (note: your songbook will persist across all venues, regardless of which venue you select here)
- Open the main menu navigation and choose “My Songbooks”
- On the My Songbooks page, choose Upload Songbook
- Type in a name for your songbook and description of your songbook – what you put here only matters to YOU as the KJ
- Next, choose from the software where you exported your songbook (this is typically the same software you use to host your shows with)
- Now, Click “Choose File” to find the exported file from your hosting software (i.e. Songbook.TSV if exported from Karaoki)
- Then finally choose Upload Songbook.
- DO NOT CLICK OFF THE PAGE until the page refreshes. This can take SEVERAL minutes if you have a moderate internet connection or a very large songbook.
- After a few minutes, karaoQ’s metadata matching process will occur, and your songs will be populated into the karaoQ mobile interface for patrons and performers to use.
- You can then see how many songs imported, and choose Open Songbook to review your results.